New Notes for Duo Ebano
Call for works for compositions Duo Ebano (clarinet and piano/seaboard)
Are you a composer between 10 and 35 years old? Do you live or study in the Netherlands? Would you like your music to be performed during the Grachtenfestival, Gaudeamus Muziekweek and November Music? Keep on reading!
Write for Duo Ebano
Duo Ebano, formed by Marco Danesi (clarinet/bass clarinet) and Paolo Gorini (piano/seaboard MIDI-controller) are a dynamic duo, with a strong focus on contemporary music, and a wide experience in the classical and romantic chamber music repertoire. The duo won the Podia Klassiek Competition in 2016 and the Storioni Toonzaal Competition 2017. For the season of 2019/2020 the duo will tour through the Netherlands as finalist of Dutch Classical Talent. Do you feel challenged to compose an innovative piece for clarinet or bass clarinet and piano or seaboard? Duo Ebano is curious to see and hear your ideas.
The Grachtenfestival, Gaudeamus Muziekweek and November Music invite young composers to write new compositions. Please submit a composition outline with a maximum of 1 minute. We would like to receive a score/PDF and a midi-file. A selection of the competing entries will be made in due course. Contenders will get the chance to work with Duo Ebano at the Reading Sessions, where selected entries will be performed and judged.
And what’s next?
Does Duo Ebano see potential in the excerpt? Do you get along well? Then there is a chance that you can complete your composition and have it premiered at the Grachtenfestival and have performances at the Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2020 and November Music 2020 as well!
Grachtenfestival De Opmaat February 8
Use the opportunity and ask everything you need to know about the instruments and visit Grachtenfestival DeOpmaat on February 8. Duo Ebano will answer all your questions and you can listen to the possibilities and limitations of the clarinet, piano and seaboard MIDI-controller.
- 8 February 2020 Grachtenfestival de Opmaat in the NedPhO-Koepel Amsterdam, from 13.00 till 14.00. Registration is required, but complimentary. Applications before 5 February to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation is not obligated! If you are not able to attend this meeting you can still send in your composition outline.
- 1 April 2020 Deadline for submitting first outlines and midi-files of a new composition. Submit outline at the website of Gaudeamus
- 8 April 2020 Selection of entries for Reading Session by Duo Ebano and programmers of the three festivals.
- TBA date in April 2020 Reading Sessions in Splendor Amsterdam
- 1 May 2020 3 selected composers elaborate their outlines to a fully-fledged composition of approximately 5 minutes
- 1 July 2020 Deadline final score
- 7-16 August 2020 Premiere at the Grachtenfestival, Amsterdam
- 9-13 September 2020 Second performance at Gaudeamus Muziekweek, Utrecht
- 8 or 14 November 2020 Third performance at November Music, ‘s-Hertogenbosch
Gaudeamus presents the newest music of young music pioneers, with its renowned international festival for contemporary music, the Gaudeamus Muziekweek (the oldest music festival in The Netherlands), various concert series and co-productions. Gaudeamus also awards its yearly Gaudeamus Award to a promising young composer. This way, Gaudeamus stimulates the talents of tomorrow, beyond boundaries, genres, and boxes.
Visitors of November Music can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary concerts.
The Grachtenfestival is all about music. Young musicians from all over the world surprise you with their own musical story. By keenly combining location and repertoire, the performances meet the highest of standards while being accessible all the same. Grachtenfestival is a unique experience for both audience and musicians.