Daan Boertien (1991) is a Dutch concert pianist. He works with several vocalists from home and abroad. Since 2019, Daan Boertien is a part of the opera studio at the National Opera in Amsterdam. Daan studied with David Kuyken at the Conservatorium of Amsterdam, where he subsequently obtained both his Bachelor's and Master's Degree. Thereafter, Daan studied a Liedgestaltung Master on the Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hamburg, with the German song specialist Burkhard Kehring.
Daan Boertien won several prizes:
- Berenbergprijs 2020
- DAAD-prijs 2019
- together with bariton Raoul Steffani: publieksprijs Dutch Classical Talent
- together with bariton Geng Lee: 1e prijs én prijs voor beste begeleider van het Gustav-Mahler-Wettbewerb
- Kunst aan de Dijk Prijs voor Jong Talent 2015
- Peter de Grote Festival's Honorary Award for Outstanding Musicianship 2011
- Prinses Christina Concours in 2010
Daan has worked with vocalists such as Benjamin Appl, Michaela kaune, Maarten Koningsberger, Marc Pantus, Thomas Oliemans and André Morsch. Daan took masterclasses song accompaniment with Roger Vignoles, Julius Drake, Graham Johnson, Wolfram Rieger, Jeff Cohen, Thomas Hampson, Margreet Honig, Christianne Stotijn, Anne Sofie van Otter and Brigitte Fassbaender.